Proact Managed Cloud Services teams provide infrastructure and cloud services to customers in the UK and across Europe. The infrastructure services provided include IaaS, DRaaS, BaaS and a wide range of remote monitoring and management products including storage, network and hypervisor. Our MCS technical team are responsible for the operation, maintenance and enhancement of this multitenant infrastructure and customer estates falling under our service-management umbrella.
We have an opening for a Microsoft specialist working in our 4th line team to support our customers through both planned work and escalated incidents or changes from our 3rd line team.
This is a stretching and rewarding technical position with focus on remote administration of our managed infrastructure stack; having a well-developed and time-proven core of IT skills coupled with an in-depth understanding of the underlying theory and a passion for delivering excellence for customers is therefore essential. These skills will be leveraged through the implementation of new service deployments, service improvements and troubleshooting – all while planning and implementing technical changes through ITIL-driven change control.
The ideal candidate should have strong skills in the following technologies:
- Windows Server
- Inclusive of functional roles and features including (but not limited to) DNS, Volume Activation Services, NPS, RDS, DFS etc…
- Microsoft SQL & Exchange
- Microsoft Active Directory and associated components including integration in 0365
- Microsoft WSUS
- Microsoft 0365:
- Azure AD
- Exchange Hybrid / Exchange Online
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP – UPD/IP and fundamentals of network routing principles
- Working knowledge of network and host based firewalling
- Working knowledge of Network Load balancing (particularly Citrix NetScaler’s)
This is a senior technical role and it would be advantageous to be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to thrive working in a team environment
- Experience of coaching and developing individuals
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Delivering VIP support
The candidate should be able to demonstrate these core attributes during the interview process:
- Proactive and logical approach to problem solving
- Relentless desire to deliver excellent customer experience
- Right first-time approach
- Someone who thrives in a fast pace high energy environment
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks under pressure
- Resilience: The ability to keep functioning effectively while managing multiple priorities and maintain self-control under pressure
- Initiative and pride to take control of the architecture and drive an issue forward to resolution
- Must possess and maintain a passion for technology and a have keen interest in cutting edge industry products and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
Desired experience :
The ideal candidate should have experience in one or more of the areas below:
- Security in virtual environments (Trend DSM and Cylance)
- Knowledge of another hypervisor such as VMware ESXi
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as NA & SAN
- Previous Experience in a Service Provider environment.
- Hands on experience in a large IT environment. (multinational / multisite)
- Previous ITIL and SLA based support experience.
- Previous experience taking part in technical escalations
- Proven ability remaining calm and thinking clearly during challenging technical issues.
Common Requirements for all Posts
- To work within the framework of Proact IT UK Ltd’s policies and procedures, ensuring that your work furthers the core values and objectives.
- To undertake Health and Safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post, at all times having regard to your own and others’ health and safety.
- To provide excellent customer and client care in dealings with staff, clients and members of the public.
- To contribute to the development of a professional working environment within Proact IT UK Ltd
- To have a commitment to your own development and a willingness to undertake relevant training opportunities.
- To have a flexible approach to work in order to meet deadlines.
- To perform any other reasonable duties in consultation with your line manager.
- Participate in 1 in 5 on-call work rota.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake, it is not an exhaustive list. It may be evolve to meet changing circumstances at management discretion.
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 days Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone