Proact Managed Cloud Services provide infrastructure and cloud services to customers in the UK and across Europe. The infrastructure services provide IaaS, DRaaS, BaaS and a wide range of remote monitoring and management products including storage, network and hypervisor.
This is a new role to drive the success and efficiency of technical changes through our ITIL change management process and the development of our ITSM to support customer change requests. You will be an integral part of the service operations team, providing an essential process development role to the management team.
In addition to these primary duties you will support the resource coordination function through change planning and scheduling activities as well as during periods of holiday and sickness of other staff.
The role is instrumental in the successful and continuous management of services operations. You must have exceptional attention to detail. You will work with the wider management team to develop plans to improve the overall efficiency of Service Operations. You will have the ability to collate information gathered across multiple sources and make recommendations for service improvements where necessary.
You will work closely with the technical and operational staff to provide high standards of service.
- Collate change activities, prepare scoring matrices. and publish prior to the change advisory board.
- Administer the change advisor board alongside the chairperson, take minutes and publish the change advisory board outcomes.
- Work with approved changes and stakeholders to ensure they are successfully scheduled and executed.
- Publish a forward looking change calendar and identify dependencies and conflicts in early stages of planning.
- Spot check changes and provide advice to the author on missing elements or improvements required.
- Build and maintain standard change advisory checks lists and test plans for common changes.
- Develop standard change templates with the technical teams to improve the level of detail and quality of changes.
- Develop service catalog items in Service Now for common data collection requests and complex multi-team workflows such as provisioning or decommissioning tasks.
- Train staff in change management tool improvements and new service catalog items.
In addition to the above, the role holder must:
- Work alongside the Service Operations Team scheduling resources to complete tasks, changes and MCS Bookings.
- Provide operational reporting on key change metrics and KPIs.
- Provide administrative support for ServiceNOW including creation of dashboard and reports.
- Support internal projects and their delivery in line with Operational Improvements.
- Undertake other ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
- Must be able to track changes records, collate new submissions to the change advisory board and work with stakeholders to schedule changes with the correct resource alignment.
- Provide reporting on issues and identify resource requirements to complete changes.
- Must have the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must have experience of building successful professional relationships at all levels.
- Must be competent and confident in chairing and planning internal meetings, taking and distributing minutes and following up actions.
- Working with skills and resource booking tools to select the most appropriate teams and resources for a change.
- Do be able to demonstrate previous application development, testing and release management experience.
- The role holder must always operate with honesty and integrity.
- Understanding and experience of IT industry Change Control processes.
- Experience of customising an application such as Service Now or Salesforce to create business specific forms and workflows.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience utilising an ITIL service management framework in a support environment.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a resource or task management role.
- Experience of drafting clear and comprehensive documentation.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time, with an organised approach.
- Ability to co-ordinate, book and manage multiple resources and ensure objectives are clearly communicated.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability and willingness to communicate in a clear manner to customers and the wider business.
- Experience of working in a flexible team environment.
- Experience of managing internal or external work packages as part of a bigger project.
- CAB administration; responsibility for customer communications and notifications.
- Management of maintenance notifications.
- ServiceNow CRM; reporting, dashboard creation and management.
Objectives will be set by the line manager and reviewed on an ongoing and regular basis to ensure standards and targets are being met.
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone