Proact is Europe’s leading specialist in data and information management with focus on cloud services and data centre solutions. We help our customers to store, connect, protect, secure and drive value through their data whilst increasing agility, productivity and efficiency. We’ve completed thousands of successful projects around the world, have more than 4,000 customers and currently manage hundreds of petabytes of information in the cloud. We employ over 1,200 people in 13 countries across Europe. Founded in 1994, our parent company, Proact IT Group AB (publ), was listed on Nasdaq Stockholm in 1999 (under the symbol PACT).
As M&A manager you will be instrumental to further accelerate the growth journey of Proact, where M&A is one of the key focus areas and a core strategic pillar for the group. The M&A team is small and agile and works closely with the Proact business in all our markets throughout Europe represented by the four business unit leads, in addition you will have close collaboration and exposure to central group functions, and with senior management, including Group Management and Proact Board.
The M&A Manager reports to the VP M&A (who is part of the Group Management Team) and you will together drive the M&A agenda for the Group. The position is located at Proact head office in Solna, Stockholm, Sweden and will occasionally include traveling.
- Develop pipeline of opportunities, Research and identify new opportunities for acquisitions globally in collaboration with the different business units and countries
- Build relationships with sellers of potential targets, inspire trust and represent Proact
- Perform analysis of strategic fit, financial modelling, including creative assessments of value creation
- Lead opportunities from initial contact and throughout the entire M&A process
- In collaboration with BU directors and management teams, present decision material and business case to Group Management and Proact Board
- Project lead all stakeholders, internal and external (financial, legal operational) in the M&A due diligence and transaction process
- Close contact with advisors, consultants, and lawyers
- Ensuring clear communication and expectations across your teams
- Evaluate and monitor the outcome of post-merger integration and be a coach to integration teams
- Participate in Group projects and ad hoc tasks
We are looking for someone that has a passion for leading by example, a passion for driving profitable growth, a passion for M&A and great deal of curiosity. You are able to understand the “big picture” and thereafter connect all details to form that picture. To succeed in this position, you have a strong analytical ability and experience of leading complex projects. You have a high degree of business acumen and possess the unique ability to combine financial and analytical skills with personal capabilities in building relationships inspire trust and develop the teams you are collaborating with. You are motivated by problem solving and display a high degree of creativity and endurance in projects. You display creativity and curiosity, are well-organized and work independently. You have strong self-leadership and an excellent drive for results.
You have an academic degree in finance, engineering or related field, and minimum 5 years relevant experience from services at merited management consultancy, a larger audit firm, corporate finance advisor, investment banking or a similar position at larger international corporation. You have good theoretical knowledge and experience in valuation and financial modelling. Furthermore, you are fluent in English and preferably in any another language. Swedish is highly desirable but not mandatory. You have experience from working in international business environments with exposure to c-level of a corporation.
- A self-driven and business-oriented person with an open and a holistic mindset.
- Experience in developing relationships and inspire trust
- Capable to work o under demanding conditions with tight deadlines.
- A strong team player with great communication skills.
- Experience in managing complex projects with several stakeholders and teams in all levels of a company
- Pro-active, taking initiatives and daring to challenge.
- Great Excel and PowerPoint skills.
If you want to hear more about the position or have any questions, please contact Jonas Ekman, Vice President M&A.