At Proact, we’re a pan European data management specialist with a focus on unlocking the power of data through strategy, storage, connectivity, and security. But that’s only part of our story..We’re also here to break the mould. To stake new ground. To do things differently. And we’ve created a fast-paced, people-first working environment with a focus on innovation, learning and career development that encourages you to do just that. Here, you can bring your whole self to work as you’ll be part of a truly diverse organisation, working with both local and national customers. You can act with integrity, act with commitment, and act with excellence in mind. And you can embrace change, seek out new challenges, and learn by doing. All as part of a team with a shared sense of direction.
One that’s enabling innovation, accelerating growth, and disrupting entire industries.
This is what it means to #BeAProactivist.
Graduate Programme Overview:
- Duration: 18 months – 2 years
- Degree subject/discipline required: Information Technology or Computer Science related degree
- Salary: £25,000 starting salary
- Support to pay off your student debt
- Locations: Hybrid working pattern with a close link to our Manchester and/or Chesterfields office. You must be able to work from a linked office to suit business requirements.
- Qualification investment: We’ll support you through your programme with access to mentors and investment in specialist skills such as ITIL training.
- Guaranteed permanent role: At the end of the programme, we’ll offer you a guaranteed permanent role, provided you complete your end point assessment.
What you’ll do:
As a Graduate Service Delivery Manager you’ll provide support and development of the relationship between Proact UK and its customers. Working with a portfolio of smallmedium customers throughout the life cycle of any project delivery and managed service contracts you’ll be responsible for the delivery and operation of live services to your aligned managed service customers, ensuring that all SLA’s and contractual obligations are fulfilled in their entirety.
As a Graduate Service Delivery Manager you will support successful contract delivery through regular reporting, data analysis and arranging and governing planned operational activities. An important part of your role will be to ensure that service usage metrics, billing and licensing for your aligned managed service customers are accurately calculated and correctly reported and declared. You will also contribute to the upsell of complimentary or additional managed service offerings to your aligned managed service customers, ensuring they get the best service possible.You’ll be part of our Service Delivery team and will be supported throughout your development and will work with other Service Delivery Managers on larger accounts.
To #BeAProactivist in this role, you’ll need:
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent qualification
- Experience of drafting clear and comprehensive documentation to support technical and/or business processes
- The ability to prioritise multiple tasks and manage own time, with an organised approach
- The ability to prioritise tasks, issues and risks across a number of customers to deliver services within SLA using resources across multiple teams
- The ability to follow documented procedures
- Problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of business issues that may affect delivery of projects and solutions
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability and willingness to communicate in a clear manner to customers and the business
- Self-motivation, independent-mindedness and ability to use initiative to highlight issues and propose new/different solutions
- The ability to identify and highlight potential new opportunities to sales team
- The ability to deal with varied situations with limited guidance
- The ability to work successfully with a wide range of people
- A willingness to adapt positively to change
- A willingness to travel as required
- A willingness to work outside normal working hours, as required
You might also have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a computing or business related field
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification, or evidence of the relevant skills and knowledge
- Evidence of interest and a good level of skill in computing or other modern technology such as coding, web design or audio/video
- To be responsible for the delivery of aligned managed services contracts during start up, through service commencement, and for the lifetime of the contracts.
- To own the relationship with and be the named primary contact for managed service customers in the aligned portfolio, generating a relationship and trust with a customer that demonstrates you understand the service that should be delivered and take ownership of activities in the support of delivering the services.
- To represent your customers within Proact UK; to drive change, service improvement and to manage risk to ensure a successful delivery of service within SLA.
- To contribute to the up-sell of additional services to the customer.
- To own and be responsible for the service design in relation to the contracted services, as well as host service design workshops and service review meetings
- To work alongside the allocated project manager, transition manager and technical implementation resources in the transition into production of existing and new contracted services.
- To ensure conformance of service to the customer contract (reviewed on a regular basis).
- To perform a service delivery review of all changes raised through a Change Advisory Board for the aligned managed services customers .
- To provide regular service review reports covering SLA adherence and technical reporting.
- To create and regularly review service documentation including, but not limited to, the Service Operations Manual, Connection Diagram, Service Improvement Plan and Disaster Recovery (DR) documentation (with support from other teams, where appropriate).
- To schedule and ensure completion of DR tests and Data Restore tests in line with the customer contract.
- To be the named contact for each customer in the aligned portfolio.
- To provide Capacity and Performance planning to both the customer and internal capacity planning processes
- To input to incident resolution, problem investigation and change planning / review for aligned customers.
- To attend regular Change Advisory Board meetings, and other operational meetings as required by the Head of Service Delivery.
- To ensure regular operational checks and activities are scheduled and completed.
- To provide data and calculations for monthly billing processes, and to review completed billing schedules to ensure customers are correctly billed for services, and that licensing is properly reported and declared internally and to external vendors as required.
- To manage escalation of open incidents and problems for the aligned customers, and ensure a resolution plan is in place to resolve these in an efficient manner.
- To operate and maintain Continual Service Improvement plans for aligned customers.
- Engage in implementation, service delivery and decommission of Proof of Concept (POC) services for new and existing customer and to be the point of contact and reporting for these customers.
- To develop an understanding of Proact business and operational processes and best practices on an ongoing basis, within the Service Delivery department and across the wider business.
- To develop customer services skills in regard to timely and effective communication, managing difficult situations and setting customer expectations.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus bank holidays
- Option to purchase additional 5 days leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private Medical Scheme