At Proact, we’re a pan European data management specialist with a focus on unlocking the power of data through strategy, storage, connectivity, and security. But that’s only part of our story….
We’re also here to break the mould. To stake new ground. To do things differently. We’ve created a fast-paced, people-first working environment with a focus on innovation, learning and career development that encourages you to do just that.
Here, you can bring your whole self to work as you’ll be part of a truly diverse organisation, working with both local and national customers. You can act with integrity, act with commitment, and act with excellence in mind. And you can embrace change, seek out new challenges and learn by doing. All as part of a team with a shared sense of direction.
One that’s enabling innovation, accelerating growth, and disrupting entire industries.
This is what it means to #BeAProactivist.
What you’ll do
As a Data Protection Consultant, you will be at the front-line of the delivery of our storage and data-protection solutions, using your technical knowledge to solve a variety of challenges. You will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), operating across our Professional Services, Solution Architects and Managed Services teams using your experience to design, deploy and offer support and advice.
You will be responsible for the production and presentation of high-level and low-level designs for customer and managed services data protection solutions. As an SME you will engage with our core vendors, attend events and seminars to ensure you keep your knowledge up to date. You will help impart this knowledge with the wider teams, sharing the latest technology trends and product updates and where relevant provide recommendations for our own strategy.
- Data Protection Implementation Expert
- Subject Matter Expert, engaging across teams and core vendors
- Production of high-level and low-level designs
- Responsible for supporting Solution Architects in the design of new data protection solutions
- Stakeholder in the deployment and managed services design standards
- Assist in the troubleshooting of implementation and performance issues
To #BeAProactivist in this role you’ll need
- 3+ Years in a role focusing on data protection and recovery
- 2+ years hands-on experience with Commvault
- Knowledge or experience of other backup technologies advantageous
- Experience in the production of detailed designs
- The ability to present well to both colleagues and customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting
- You will be expected to travel within the UK so a full UK driving license is required
- You will have a good technical knowledge of on-premises infrastructure including storage, virtualisation, networking, and datacentre standards.
- A working technical knowledge of Public Cloud infrastructure and SaaS solutions will be an advantage as will networking knowledge
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Option to purchase additional 5 days leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private Medical Scheme